Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Oh my... Look at these tiny books!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love little bitty books. These books are perfectly doll sized. I just found an order form in an old Sunday newspaper from a couple of weeks ago that I was about to throw out.

    This is all I can find for them online:

    http://www.jacklin.co.za/bounty.php

    I am sending in for at least the first three...

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 12, 2007 06:20 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They look great. How did you figure out what they cost?

  3. #3
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for the link, these look really cool! Especially given the fact that I have named my #25 Rory after the incredibly bookish Rory of Gilmore Girls. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    How do you order these?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The ad that was in the paper says the first three books are $1.95 each (.95 cents shipping) and after that, they mail them once a month in shipments of 3 books at $7.95 per book (= $1.95 shipping). If you stick with it, at some point you get the bookcase at "no additional charge".

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh! Wow! If there's one thing I love more than dolls, it's little books! Please tell me, does this company ship to the U.S.? Do they have a distributor in the states? Those books are amazing.

    Julia

  6. #6
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It must be new to the USA. The flyer was in the Sunday paper about 2 weeks ago, but I just found it tonight.
    I assume they ship to the USA because it was just in my local paper. It was in with the coupon leaflets.I has a little order form on the corner.
    I am so excited about these. They seem so perfect, for dolls, or even just as a stand alone collection. I am thrilled!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In the newest Samantha mystery it is mentioned that she is reading Treasure Island and Nellie is reading Alice in Wonderland.

  8. #8
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    So it looks like there's 100 books in all. The first three are $2 each, then after that they are $7 each? Just want to be sure I read it right, the website is a little confusing on the price.

    Is it possible to order only a few?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is a scan of the advertisement with the order form:
    http://members.aol.com/rabutman/orderform.jpg

  10. #10
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by American_Mommy:
    Here is a scan of the advertisement with the order form:
    http://members.aol.com/rabutman/orderform.jpg
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">^ I'm sure if you printed that and sent it in they'd let you use it to order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •